Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursday Update

So I was reading over my last blog post, and well, it's not very good, so I apologize for that.  I'm still trying to get used to this whole blogging thing so bear with me if my posts sound really dumb!

Anyway, for those of you who haven't already, I made it into the Living Legends group at BYU!!!!!!  Living Legends is a multicultural dance group that highlights the music and dance of Native Americans, Polynesians, and Latin Americans.  I think it's pretty obvious what section I'm in: the Native American section.  It's pretty exciting because this has been something I've wanted to do since I was young.

I went to my first rehearsal yesterday.  We got our schedules for the next year.  We have tours in November, January, and June.  We are going to the Four Corners area, Southern California, and Nauvoo, respectively.  I am so excited!!!!!!!

The Living Legends class is 3 credits, so when I added it to my schedule, I had a full schedule (18 credits).  I ended up dropping my physics class, though, because I couldn't see any way I could keep up with the busy schedule of Living Legends and my homework.  I am now back down to 15 credits which is nice and easy.  I have to admit, though, it feels really weird to go easy on my schooling.  I haven't had an easy schedule since probably junior high; I took concurrent enrollment and AP classes all throughout high school.  It doesn't feel natural for me to cut myself this much slack in school.  Kind of sad, huh?

Something fun about being in Living Legends this year is there are two other girls in the Native section that have the same name as me!  My name isn't very common so this is definitely quite the experience for me.  It gets confusing at times so we came up with nicknames for the three of us.  One is called Ty, the other Ti, and I'm called Nonni, a nickname I gave myself when I was two, before I could say my name correctly.

Well, I guess that's the biggest news that's happened this week.  As you can tell, I had a bit too much fun with the type fonts, size, and color.  I kind of just discovered them!

2 comments:

  1. ALRIGHT Tiana!!! (Or should I say Nonni) Congrats on making Living Legends. It sounds fun and exciting. We will enjoy keeping up with your blogging.
    Love, Aunt Dida and Uncle Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you need to learn how to make them links to the various pages so it takes you right there to them! I know give you time!!!! I'm tickled to be able to read all about your adventures! We miss and love you Nonni ;)

    ReplyDelete