Monday, September 12, 2011

BYU vs. Utah Tickets!

So, I got my first home football game tickets today for Saturday's game! :D  I'm sooooo excited!  And, on top of that, it's the BYU vs. Utah game!!!!!!!!!  That is the biggest game of the entire year!

Anyway, that's all the news I have on that subject for the moment.  So, now to the updates:

On Wednesday, we went up in the mountains to a retreat for Living Legends.  When we got there, we played a whole bunch of different games.  My favorite one was the telephone charade game.  It's the same concept as telephone, but instead of whispering a saying in the next person's ear, you have to act something out.  One of the things we had to act out was going down a slide.  By the time it reached the end of the line, people were acting out the Thriller dance! 

After playing games, we listened to speakers and then had an amazing dinner of barbeque pulled pork (yum!!!) and listened to a BYU professor talk about Nauvoo.  She told some interesting stories about the place.  One story she told was how Nauvoo, before it was Commerce, was called Venus.  The reason it was called Venus was because people went there looking for love, and I don't mean the find-your-soul-mate-and-get-married love.  That sure gives you a new perspective on the town!

For Living Legends we are learning the Fancy Dance, which, for those unfamiliar with Native American dancing, is the dance with the really pretty shawls.  This dance has always been by favorite.  I have wanted to learn this dance since I was a kid.  It's really fun, but it's also really hard!  When practicing, I always try to get the really pretty pink, torquoise, and purple shawl because that one is my favorite.

All-in-all, it's been a really fun week!

1 comment:

  1. You are having much more fun than I did. You
    know how to enjoy life! I'm so happy that you
    are so involved in everything. Good luck on your dance. The shawl sounds absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete